Pages

Posted on: Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finley Elizabeth Morris is Here!



Today is Finley's day of Birth! Here
is her birth story.
8 lb 10 oz
20.5 inches
Finley Elizabeth Morris
The night before I went to a Heritage Hills ladies night, my first to attend. I was feeling exhausted but I really wanted to meet my neighbors so I got out of my yoga pants, dressed up, and went! It was standing room only and I stood for about two hours. I think this helped me go into labor! That night I woke up about 3 am and felt like I was having contractions. I woke Dan up and told him I thought I was in labor. I lay in bed for awhile until I realized, this is it! We got up, got ready, and called Jordan Gray who lives in the neighborhood to come watch the boys. We left for the hospital about 4 am. When I got there I was only dilated to a 4. They told me to go walk around for an hour and come back. I was so hungry so we cheated and drove to IHOP where Dan got me eggs and toast. I ate some of it but felt like I was really progressing. We got back to the hospital at 5 am and I was dilated to a 6. They admitted me and as we were walking from Triage to the birthing suite I threw up my IHOP. Oops! Shouldn't have eaten! We were in the birthing suite by 6:30 am. I felt like the contractions were really progressing but I was able to stay relaxed. I was probably there for about 30 minutes when I felt like I needed to push. I thought, “no way, it can't be!” because usually I had lost it or felt like a crazy woman before the pushing feeling came. My midwife, Dawn, came in and said go for it and I started pushing!  It was a wonderful experience, my best birth. I was a much more relaxed mom. I was able to sleep more in the hospital. Ezra and Jude went back to Tulsa for a week which gave me such sweet time with Finley. I watched the “call the midwife” series which just made me giddy with joy to have a newborn. We are so thankful for Finley! 


We are loving having a little girl! The delivery went great and having three kids is very very full but so life giving, fun, and purpose filled! We will be super pumped when she sleeps through the night though. :)





























1 comment:

  1. What amazing hair! We need to catch up on the phone at some point so I can hear all about Finley - what she's like and what birth #3 was like! I'm sure life is FULL right now! I have just loved having a daughter :)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg