Pages

Posted on: Thursday, November 3, 2016

I Love and Enjoy You No Matter What



As the To Do list piles up and laundry needs to be done, it's easy for me to be impatient with the process of parenting.  We've been talking about goals at the breakfast table,  areas in our character we want to grow in.

Finley-not yelling, Ezra-not complaining, Jude- not hitting, and me-not snacking so much.  We try to help each other through out the day.

It's easy to get fixated on all the things I need to teach my kids and train them in.

However, I don't want to just be focused on how to fix my kids.

I want to make sure that every day I truly enjoy them.

I think that looks different for every parent.

For me, that means taking the time to sit down and read a good book with them, go on a walk, or lay on their bed talking before bed time instead of rushing away to clean up the dishes.

It means my daily routine has to have some give in it and that I find my joy in the little people around me instead of seeking to escape to my phone.

It's a good goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg