Pages

Posted on: Thursday, March 20, 2014

Loving God more than the things of God



As I spend time with Jesus this morning, the cares of this world fade away. It’s a paradigm shift. Instead of bringing to Jesus all the things I am anxious about for this upcoming week... I instead enjoy Jesus. I delight in Him and He gives me the desires of my heart- peace. 

It really is what I long for. Peace and joy. I want peace with who I am and what I am doing. I want peace in my relationships. I want to be happy- have joy. All of those are found in the person of Jesus.


The big things I was anxious about just seem to fade away. They just aren’t that big of a deal in light of eternity and how I am seated in the heavenly places with Jesus. How He has redeemed my soul and that I am forgiven of all sins. That I am His daughter. Yippee! That He desire to partner with me in His harvest and lead me as my shepherd. 


He cares about what I love and my gifts and strengths and He wants to use them to bring glory to His name. My job is to make His name famous and it is not a dutiful job but one of delight when I am close to Him.


He does not call me to strive but to rest. Out of that place of rest, He speaks. 

1 comment:


 photo copyright.jpg