Pages

Posted on: Thursday, March 13, 2014

Embracing Inconvenience


Jude has a hard time falling asleep. This has been ever since we took his paci away. Those were the days when he used to fall right asleep with his paci! It has been a hard road. I have been pretty frustrated at times and there have been many spankings. We will have a string of good days where he goes to sleep by himself without a fight and then we have bad days. It is a constant pendulum swing. 
Sometimes he gets so overtired that the only way we can get him to sleep is to lay down with him. It is amazing how quickly he goes to sleep because he knows we are right beside him. It’s like it brings him instant peace.
 Today was one of those days and as I lay beside him watching his little eyelids flutter back and forth as he drifted off, I prayed for him. I prayed that he would grow up confident and grounded in who he is and how God made him. I prayed that the sweet spirit that is so precious inside our rough and tumble Jude would be preserved and not tainted. I also prayed that God would give me direction on what to do about preschool next year, what would be best for his personality and what would help him flourish the most and feel safe and secure.
As I slipped out of his room after he fell asleep, I felt thankful. Even though I would have rather had the 15 minutes to fold laundry and start dinner prep, I know that these moments are so special. I know that it is easy for me to forget to pray for my kids. So I am thankful for the inconvenient moments like this that get me back to the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg