Pages

Posted on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My new found love for Audio

 Here's to continual learning, being inspired,encouraged, and staying in touch with what is going on in the world around me while being faithful to what God has called me to as a mom.  Audio is a lifesaver for this!

When the kids are napping and I am folding laundry or when Dan is giving the kids a bath after dinner and I am cleaning the kitchen, I pop in my headphones, grab my iPhone and listen.   It actually makes me work faster and stay focused on a menial task when I am listening to something interesting.

Here are my faves:

Podcast App:
Mom Bloggers- Inspired to Action podcast, art of simple podcast, Read Aloud Revival
Sermons by John Piper, Jimmy Seibert, Bill Johnson

NPR App:
Diane Rhem- International News Round up, Domestic News Round up- I've found this to be the best way to get a big picture of what is going on without any sensational junk!
Ted Talk Hour
Snap Judgment

Audible & Itunes
These are both great resources to purchase audio books.  Many of the kid's books on Audible have the illustrations to along with the reading which my boys love.  

Overdrive:
This is the free App from the public library.  It has ebooks as well as audiobooks.  While it is not as user friendly as Audible, it is free!!

Here's to happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg